I gave my marriage another try. We were divorced for 4 years and seeking new relationships, but God had other plans. I was the one who left and initiated the divorce. In my eyes there was no looking back because I was done. I was moving on to someone more compatible to me, or so I thought. I ended up being with someone who I planned to marry and we had a child, but he turned out not to be the person I thought he was. My prayer to God was “I just want a husband”, and I felt He was saying, “I already gave you one”. That stunned me. I began asking God to restore my marriage, even though it looked impossible. Somehow, the man upstairs worked it out and we are remarried and have a much better union than before (mostly because I have more conversations with God now). If it worked for me, it can happen for anyone. Here are 6 tips for anyone wanting their marriages back:
- The process of reconciliation requires patience and understanding on your end. Don’t rush or pressure him about anything.
- Make yourself believe you are starting over. If you see him as the same guy with the same old problems, it will be boring and draining.
- Have a positive outlook. Put in your mind that this reconciliation will be a new and exciting journey for the both of you. If you can make this work, nothing will be impossible to overcome in your marriage.
- Sex can wait during the dating phase. Old arguments can resurface and you need to be clear minded in order to handle it.
- Show him a different side of you. If you talked a lot before, listen more now.
- Look well put together every time you see him. Impress him visually.
Check out the book on Amazon!